Why does Apex Corp collect data from its apps and games?
When you install and use Apex Corp mobile applications, we can collect and process some of your data for different legitimate purposes.
You will find below explanations regarding the reasons why Apex Corp may collect data and the legal bases Apex Corp relies on in each case.
Apex Corp collects data:
- To provide you with the services you asked for(e.g., knowing that you completed the first level to allow access to the second one)
- Legal basis – such data processing is strictly necessary for the service(s) asked
- To run analytics and understand how users interact with our product and services in order to continuously improve it(e.g. identifying that a feature is annoying for users or that a level is too difficult for most gamers)
- Legal basis – Express consent. Apex Corp only processes or shares personal data collected through Apex Corp apps for analytics purposes once you express your consent through the pop-up notice included in our apps.
- To serve advertising tailored to the preference and interests of our users and allow Apex Corp to continue to provide free services and products
- Legal basis – Express consent. Apex Corponly processes or shares personal data collected through Apex Corp apps for personalized advertising purposes once you express your consent through the pop-up notice included in one of our apps.
For all data processing activities that rely on users’ consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time from the “settings” page in our various applications.
Please only note that in the case where you withdraw your consent or where you refuse to consent in the first place, you will still be served with advertising but that may be less relevant to you as it will not be tailored to your interests.
What data does Apex Corp collect from its apps and games?
For all the purposes listed above the data that Apex Corp collect is limited to:
- The apps you are using
- Your IP address
- Your Mobile Advertising ID (Apple IDFA or Google AAID – which are technical identifiers developed by mobile operating systems for advertising purposes which remain under your control and can be reset or erased at any time in through your device settings)
- Technical information about the device you use and your connection (user agent, type of connection, timestamp)
- Data pertaining to your activities on our applications and notably the way in which you interact with our applications (for instance, how and when you use our applications) and with the advertising served in our applications (for instance, number of ads served, potential clicks)
With who may your data be shared & why?
Apex Corp does not share your personal data with third parties without your prior consent.
When you consent to the collection of data for advertising and analytics purpose, we may share the data listed above with the following categories of recipients:
- Ad Partners: that allow us to monetize the ad inventory of our apps and provide users with free products and services.Those partners usually collect data via their own tools (Software Development Kits or “SDK”). You will find a list of our partners implementing advertising SDKs through our applications and the privacy policies of their services that describe their practices and allow you to exercise your rights directly toward them hereafter: